Monday, April 19, 2010

Age

A confusion on the occasion of my 43rd birthday:
On the subway platform, waiting for the train to the Mets game, earbuds plugged in and Shuffle bringing up "O Saya", the music accompanying the opening credits chase scene of Slumdog Millionaire. And it is all I can do to keep tears from streaming down my face. Just being reminded of that sequence, and the perfection of the fit with the music and the absolute mastery of the language of cinema the whole package displayed and, and...just how much I fucking love the movies, and the escape, and how much that has meant to me since childhood.

So, the question, am I, on this birthday, becoming a weepy old man? Or enjoying the last gasp of young man's feeling, Art is My Religion?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone