Saturday, March 25, 2006

Audible.com: Telemarketing Whore?

Just a quick mini-post here...so I've been getting strange 800 numbers dialing my phone lately. I picked up once and it was a hangup...just annoying. So today I googled the number, 800-258-0261 and found a couple entries like this. It turns out I am not the only one.

I signed up for the now-requiring-payment Ricky Gervais Podcast at Audible.com a couple weeks ago, feeling that I enjoy it so much 5 bucks a month or so would be no big deal. Oh sure, it's all over Limewire and other peer-to-peer download sites for free, but I wanted to put money in the pocket of Gervais, et al, and support a great show.

Anywhooo...your number is required as part of the credit card process and though I usually lie, I didn't! Why? I don't know. I guess I was caught up in the whole above-boardness of it all.

Mistake.

So, if you too decide to tread the straight and narrow, just don't be too straight or too narrow with your info at Audible.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:39 AM EST

    Sad to have integrity rewarded with irritation. It's a good thing integrity is its own reward. In any case, my sensibilities are reeling...3, count 'em, 3 blog entries in a matter of 24 hours. Love it. You're forgiven.

    ReplyDelete